Home Made Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Charge Controller by Using Arduino
Arduino Based MPPT Charge Controller | Alternative energy |renewable energy sources | clean energy
What is Mppt ( Maximum power point tracking)?
We use MPPT algorithm to Extract the maximum available power from the Photovoltaic module under certain conditions. MPPT is a Most Popular tool that helps us to use Solar Energy (Renewable Energy Source) in an efficient way. If we want to Reduce the Graph of Carbon footprints then we must need to move towards clean Energy which is called Renewable Energy ( Energy we can get from Natural resources) Like SOLAR, HYDRO, WIND e.t.c otherwise we will directly move toward Global Warming. Every Country needs to Move towards the Green Energy especially the CHINA because it is the Main contributor by producing 63% Co2 | Alternative energy.
How MPPT works? Why 150W solar panel does not equal to 150 w?
- TVS diode ( 2x P6KE36CA )
- Arduino Nano
- ( ACS712-5A ) Current Sensor
- Buck Converter ( LM2596 )
- Wifi Module ( ESP8266 )
- LCD display ( 20×4 I2C )
- MOSFETs ( 4x IRFZ44N )
- MOSFET driver ( IR2104 )
- 3.3V Linear regulator ( AMS 1117 )
- Transistor ( 2N2222 )
- Diodes ( 2x IN4148 , 1 x UF4007 )
- Capacitors ( 4 x 0.1 uF, 3 x 10uF ,1 x100 uF ,1x 220uF)
- Inductor ( 1x 33uH -5A )
- LEDs ( Red, Yellow, Green )
- Fuses ( 5A)
Libraries Required For Arduino IDE
Update Your Arduino Libraries first before going to the hardware side
- TimerOne.h – Click Here To Download This Library
- LiquidCrystal_I2C – Click Here To Download This Library
Remember: Make a New Folder ( Folder name should be same as library names like TimerOne and LiquidCrystal_I2C. Paste these Two Folders in Arduino/LIbrary.
Model of Arduino Based MPPT Algorithm and Proteus simulation of the Project
WiFi Data Logging by using a Wifi module ESP8266
Read This Article: Learn How to Setup the Wifi Module ESP8266 by Using Just Arduino IDE
- Go and Sign Up in https://thingspeak.com/
- Make a New Channel and write “Solar Panel Data” in Field 1 and leave other fields blanks and save it.
- You will Get API key, Copy that Api Key and Paste in Source Code.
Project Images + Source Code and Schematic Diagram
Acknowledgments, Credits, and Bibliography